The workshop will be held at St. John’s University. St. John’s is located on 2,500 acres of wooded hills with miles of walking trails among lakes and wildlife. In this setting, we hope to bring together a diverse group of people who care about sustainable scientific software.
In addition to hiking, the campus beach supplies canoes, paddleboards and a swimming area on Lake Sagatagan, a pristine spring-fed lake.
Campus Points of Interest
- Dining and Snacks: In addition to the Refectory (cafeteria), there is espresso on campus at “The Schu” which is in the East wing of the Alcuin Library and opens at 7:45 am.
- Hiking Trail Map: There are many trails on campus.
- Sagatagan Beach: Beach is open from 12 noon - 6 pm.
- The Saint John’s Bible: A modern hand-written, hand-illustrated Bible. Gallery in Alcuin Library, open from 10 am - 4 pm.
- The Saint John’s Pottery: Artist-in-Residence, Richard Bresnahan studio, open from 1:15 - 4:30 pm.